When you're looking to buy a new car there's a lot to take into consideration. Style, comfort, engine size and the size of the car will likely all play a part in your decision. However, while you may be deliberating over graphite grey or midnight blue, you should not fail to think about safety.
We tend to forget about just how dangerous traveling by car is when we do it all the time. However, many people die or are severely injured in car wrecks every day on US highways. Choosing a car that has a good safety rating could be one of the best decisions you'll ever make. Picking one that doesn't score well on safety could be something you end up deeply regretting.
In this post, our St Louis car injury lawyer will share a list of SUVs that are considered by many to be the safest. While this list may prove to be a useful guide, we cannot emphasize enough the importance of doing your own additional research in determining what SUV is best for you and your family.
- The Honda CR-V is considered by family to be a great choice. This has a five star NHTSA rating and rated by the IIHS as a Top Safety Pick Plus. It has automatic pre-collision braking, a camera that shows you the passenger side blind spot and a rear view camera. It also benefits from lane keep assist.
- Next we have the Hyundai Tucson. This also has a five star NHTSA rating and the prized IIHS Top Safety Pick Plus rating. This car also has automatic pre-collision braking and you'll get a rear view camera as standard. There's also rear cross traffic alerts, lane departure warnings and pedestrian detection.
- The Buick Encore is another great choice for safety. Another five stars from the NHTSA. It also performs well in crash tests. It has a rear view camera, it monitors your blind spot and you can also opt for forward collision warning. Rear cross traffic alert and lane departure warnings are standard.
- The Chevrolet Trax is fitted with a rear view camera as standard. It also scores well in crash tests.
- The Acura RDX also has a rear view camera fitted as standard. All models produced from 2016 have extra safety features so look out for these more recent versions. They come with automatic pre-collision braking as well as lane keep assist.
- Volvos have always had a good safety record so you can't go wrong with the Volvo XC60. This also has a five star NHTSA rating and the IIHS Top Safety Pick Plus rating. You can choose a variety of extra safety features including cyclist detection, pedestrian detection, automatic pre-collision braking, rear view camera, blind spot monitoring, drowsiness monitoring, and lane departure warnings.
- Choose an Acura MDX made in 2016 or later and you'll have some great new safety features such as road departure prevention, and automatic braking when a pedestrian is detected.
- Finally we have the Kia Sorento. This has a 360 degree camera system and several other important safety features.
Injured in a St. Louis car accident? Contact an experienced St. Louis car wreck lawyer at The Hoffmann Law Firm, L.L.C. to learn more about your rights. Call (314) 361-4242 for a free case evaluation.